Within Windows 11 is a function designed to make your computer boot faster. However, because of the way this function works you might find that your laptop’s battery drains over night. So in this video we are going to demonstrate how to turn off something called fast startup.
Note: On a modern laptop with an SSD, we found that having fast startup enabled had little to no benefits when compared to the battery drain it caused.
Quick reference notes:
- From the Windows Desktop select – Start – Search
- Type and open Control Panel
- Within Control Panel locate and choose System and Security
- Now in System and Security, select Power Options
- From the sidebar select the option Choose what the power button does
- Unlock the Shutdown settings by selecting Change settings that are currently unavailable
- Remove the tick from Turn on fast startup
- Save changes.