In this video we demonstrate that it is possible to use a network cable with an Apple iPad. However, in order to do this we needed to also use an Ethernet adapter. If your iPad has a USB Type C connector, then you simply need to connect a compatible USB Type C to Ethernet adapter into the port on the bottom of your iPad.
Note: For models of iPad that have a Lightning port, you will need to use a Lightning to USB 3 adapter. Then in order for your iPad to use a network cable, you will have to use a USB 3 to Ethernet adapter.
Quick reference notes:
- Connect the USB Ethernet adapter to the port on the bottom of your iPad
- Place the one end of a network lead to the back of your home network
- Plug the other end of the network lead into the USB Ethernet adapter
- On you iPad open Settings – WiFi
- Turn off WiFi
- In the Settings Sidebar you will find an option called Ethernet
- When you open Ethernet you should find that your Ethernet adapter has automatically been assigned an IP address
- Open Safari and test that you can access the Internet and Disk Station Manager on your NAS.