In this video we take a look at how from an iPad, we can run a terminal command to find out what IP address our home network is using to connect to the internet. We found this command particularly useful when configuring our network connection with a domain name.
Note: As iPadOS does not have a terminal, we need to use a terminal emulator to run the command. In this video we used a free terminal emulator called a-Shell.
Quick reference notes:
- Download and open the a-Shell app
- To find out your public IP address, at the command prompt type.
- When you press Enter on the keyboard, your iPad will display the public IP address to your network.
- To gracefully close your current Terminal session type:
- When you press Enter on your keyboard the Terminal session will end and you can close the Terminal application.
- a-Shell website – a-Shell