When configuring the Firewall on your Synology NAS. It’s important that you have a way of testing which port are open. So in this video we are going to take a look at Ubiquiti’s WiFiman app.
While this app was not specifically designed for Synology hardware. It will work with any home WiFi network, which means that we can test both internet speeds and the firewall ports on any devices connected to our wireless network.
Quick reference notes:
- After opening the WiFiman app you will be presented with three options. WiFi, Speed Test and Discovery
- WiFi provides you with basic information about the wireless network you are connected to.
- Speed Test will allow you to test the Internet Speeds of your wireless network
- Discovery will allow you to scan your wireless network for devices, and test the firewall ports of those devices.
Notes: The reason why we have highlighted WiFiman, is because it offers a simple way to test the Firewall on our Synology NAS.
- Mydoodads Post – How to setup and configure a Synology NAS part 33: How to enable and configure the Firewall.
- Download WiFiman for iOS and iPadOS – Apple App Store
- Download WiFiman for Android – Google Play Store