In this video we take a look at how you enable Parental Controls in Synology’s Video Station. The aim of this setting is designed to provide you with a simple way to prevent users from accessing certain types of content.
Quick reference notes:
- Log into Video Station (from within a web browser) using your Administrators credentials
- From within Video Station select Settings – Parental Controls
- Select the Add icon to create a Parental Control rule
- Choose name from the drop down in the User field
- In the Movie field choose the rating/certification that you want to allow this user to be able to view
- Repeat the same process in the TV Show, Home Video and TV Recording fields
Note: Video Station pulls meta data about a piece of content from the internet. So the rating/certification system that you see when you select a drop down menu may not be the same as is used in your country. If a category of content ie TV Show, does not contain any content, that drop down menu will remain blank.
- Now enter a PIN code
Note: The PIN code must be 4 digits in length. The PIN code is used to allow a piece of content to be unlocked, which will allow that piece of content, to be played from within a specific user account.
- Select OK
- Log out of Video Station
- Log into Video Station using the users account details
- Test that Parental Controls is working correctly
Note: Video Station does not remove inappropriate age related content from its library of content. Instead it simply blocks certain pieces of content from being playable by that user.