In this video we take a look at how to install and configure Synology’s Antivirus Essential. We will start this video by first installing the package, and then review its settings. Finally, we will configure the application so that it will automatically scan our NAS for Viruses.
Quick reference notes:
- Log into DSM with administrators privileges
- Open Package Center
- Locate and install Antivirus Essential
- Open Antivirus Essential and from the sidebar choose Schedule Scan
- Select Create
- Choose Full Scan
- In the Date field choose Daily
- for the Time field select the time you want the scan to start
- Select OK
Note – We recommend that you complete a full scan of your NAS before you make a backup of your data. This will help to ensure that you do not inadvertently backup an infected file.
Additional resources required:
- Synology Support – Antivirus Essential