In this video we look at how you can map the network shares on your Synology NAS, to auto-mount when you log into your Apple Macintosh user account. This tip is very handy for anyone who uses a Network Attached Storage device as network shares will instantly be ready at log in.
Quick reference notes:
- First mount the network share you wish to automatically open at login.
- Have the mounted network share appear on the desktop as an icon by selecting Finder – Settings from the Finder menu bar.
- Now in the General tab make sure that External Hard Drives is ticked
- Open System Settings – General – Login Items
- Drap and drop the network share icon on your desktop into Login Items
- Close System Settings
- Now when you log in your computer will automatically mount your network share
Apple support article – Connect your Mac to shared computers and servers