This video is an update to a previous video we posted. In that video we looked at how you can access the network shares on a Synology NAS from within Chrome OS.
However subsequent updates to Chrome OS, means that we no longer need to use a third party plug-in. So in this quick tip video, using Chrome OS 74, we will demonstrate how to access network shares.
Notes: If you find that your Chromebook is unable to connect to the network shares on your Synology NAS. Try enabling SMB 3 on your NAS. To do this complete the following:
- Open Disk Station Manager using your ‘administrators’ credentials
- Select Control Panel – File Services
- Under SMB select Advanced Settings
- In the Maximum SMB protocol field choose SMB 3
- Choose Apply to save your settings