In this video we look at how you can add a link to “Favourite Servers” in the Connect to Server function in macOS. When used in conjunction with a shortcut key, you can use Favourite Servers to quickly access the network shares of your Synology NAS.
Quick reference notes:
- From your macOS desktop in the Finder menu, if we select Connect to Server
- We can see the last network share that we connected to, in Server Address
- If we enter the address of the share that we regularly access, and then click the Add (+) icon
- The path to our network share will be added to the Favourite Servers list.
- Now by using the shortcut keys Command and K
- We are taken to the Connect to Server window, where we can select our bookmarked network share.
- Apple support article – Connect your Mac to shared computers and servers