If on your iPad you use multiple tabs when browsing the internet. You may have noticed that in Safari, it is very easy to accidentally close an open tab. So in this video we take a look at how you can restore a recently closed tab in the Safari browser.
Note: This tip will work equally well on an iPhone as it does on an iPad or in macOS.
Quick reference notes:
- From the Safari locate and hold you finger on the new tab icon (+)
- A menu will appear called Recently Closed Tabs
- You will find a list of previously closed tabs.
- Select the tab you wish to restore.
Notes: As you can have roughly 500 open tabs in Safari on an iPhone. We would speculate that the number is the same on an iPad. However the technique shown here will only display the most recently closed tabs, so there is a chance that the tab you are looking to recover is not listed. It is for this reason we recommend that you bookmark any pages that are important to you rather than relying on trying to recover recently closed tabs.
- Apple support article – Bookmark favourite websites in Safari on iPad
- Apple support article – Bookmark favourite websites in Safari on iPhone