In this video we take a look at how from a Windows 10 laptop, you can determine the state of your battery. This can be a useful troubleshooting tip, when trying to determine if you need to replace the battery in your laptop.
Notes: In order to create a Battery report in Windows 10 you will need to use the Command Prompt.
- From the Windows 10 Desktop select Search
- Now in the Search field type CMD
- Select Command Prompt from Best match
- At the Command Prompt type the following:
- When you press Enter on the keyboard, a battery report is create and saved to a specific location on your computer. Note down the location where the battery report have been saved to.
- Close the Command Prompt by typing
- When you press the Enter key the Command Prompt will close
- Using File Explorer, navigate to the location where your battery report has been saved to
Notes: The battery-report is presented as a html file. You should find that it will open if you simply double click on the file.
- Open the file to display the report
- Microsoft Article – Tips to save battery power in Windows 10