With our wireless mesh network now configured. In this short video, we look at how you can test the WiFi Backhaul, that it used to create your mesh network.
Quick reference notes:
- Open the Google Home app
- Locate and select one of the Google Nest Wifi Points in your home network
- In the WiFi Point panel you will find an option called Run mesh test
- Select Run mesh test
Notes: The mesh test will test the WiFi backhaul of your mesh network. A WiFi backhaul is basically the backbone to your wireless mesh network.
- The results for the Mesh test are displayed.
- Select Done to return to the WiFi Point panel.
Notes: The mesh test will generate three results, Good, OK and Weak. These ratings signify the following speeds of a wifi backhaul:
|Good||Greater than 100 Mbps|
|OK||Between 50 and 100 Mbps|
|Weak||Less grab 50 Mbps|
- Google article – Test mesh connection
- Wikipedia article – Backhaul (telecommunications)
- Link on Google Play – Google Home App
- Link on Apple App Store – Google Home App
- Amazon Store – Buy Google Nest WiFi (2 pack)