With our wireless mesh network now configured, in this short video we look at how you can test your internet connection, from within the Google Home App.
Quick reference notes:
- Open the Google Home app
- Locate and select your Google Nest Wifi Router
- In the Routers panel you will find an option called Run Speed Test
- Select Run Speed Test
Notes: The Speed Test will now check the upload and download speeds of your internet connection.
- The results for the Internet Speed Test are displayed.
- Select Done to return to the Router panel.
Notes: The internet speed test is only a general indicator of the speeds that your broadband connection can achieve. It’s also worth noting that other devices connecting to your home network can effect the results of your speed test. Ideally the results you should see are close to that which your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has predicted you will get.
If you do not receive speeds close to your predicted speeds, then try restarting your Internet modem and your Google Nest Wifi Mesh network. However if your speeds still have not improved, then you should contact your ISP and have them check your broadband connection.
- Link on Google Play – Google Home App
- Link on Apple App Store – Google Home App
- Amazon Store – Buy Google Nest WiFi (2 pack)