When setting up Google Nest Wifi, it might be a good idea to also configure a Guest network for when a house guest visits. So in this video we look at how you enable Guest WiFi on a Google Nest Wifi network.
The advantage in running a Guest wireless network, is that it will isolate a device from being able to see or connect to the devices on your Primary wireless network.
Quick reference notes:
- Open the Google Home app
- Select the Settings
- From within Settings choose Nest WiFi
- In the Primary network panel, locate and select the option called Guest network
- Toggle on Guest Network
- In the Network name field give your new Guest WiFI network an easy to recognise name.
- Using the Password field assign a password to your Guest network.
Notes: The Guest WiFi password must be more that 8 characters in length.
- Select Save
Notes: When you select Save, your Guest network will be automatically created. You now need to check that a device can connect to your new Guest wireless network.
- Link on Google Play – Google Home App
- Link on Apple App Store – Google Home App
- Amazon Store – Buy Google Nest WiFi (2 pack)