In this video we are going to take a look at the two methods you can use to factory reset the whole of your Google Nest Wifi mesh network. Typically you would perform a factory reset if you intend to decommission your google nest wifi network, or if you need to reconfigure your wireless network from scratch
Notes: While both methods will work, we recommend that you use the second method. This is because factory resetting your Google Nest mesh network from within the Google Home app, will also delete any data Google has collected for its Cloud Services.
You can factory reset the whole of your Google Nest Wifi network by pressing and holding down the reset switch for 10 seconds. When the indicator light starts to flash you can release your finger.
By holding down the reset switch for 15 seconds or longer, the indicator light will start to flash but your wireless network will not factory reset.
Quick reference notes:
- Open the Google Home app.
- Locate and select the Settings.
- From within the Home Settings panel, select the Nest WiFi.
- Within the Primary network panel choose Factory reset.
Notes: You will be prompted with a message stating that “This will restore the network to factory defaults. All Wifi points and their data will be cleared from your app. Reset can take several minutes and your internet connection will be interrupted while the device resets.”
- Select Yes
- Your Google Nest Wifi network will now factory reset itself. This will return all units that make up your mesh network back to factory defaults.
- You will also find that all Google Nest are removed from the Google Home app.
- Google article – Factory reset Google Nest Wifi and Google WiFi devices
- Link on Google Play – Google Home App
- Link on Apple App Store – Google Home App
- Amazon Store – Buy Google Nest WiFi (2 pack)