As a Mesh network is a series of interconnected wireless points, sometimes it can be necessary to restart one of those points if they misbehave. So in this video, we demonstrate the two different ways that you can restart a Google Nest Wifi Point.
Notes: To restart a single WiFi point on your Google Nest Wifi network. You could simply remove the power from that device, wait 15 to 20 seconds and then reconnect the power. The WiFi Point will have fully restarted once you have heard the chime.
Quick reference notes:
- Open the Google Home app.
- Locate and select the WiFi Point that you would like to restart.
- From within the WiFi Points main status panel, select the Settings icon.
- Now from within Device Settings locate Wi-Fi Settings
- In the panel that open select Restart WiFi Point
Notes: You will be prompted with a message stating that “Restart will take a few minutes and your internet connection will be briefly interrupted.”
- Select Restart
- Until the WiFi point has restarted, its icon in the Google Home app will denote that it is off-line.
- The WiFi Point will chime when it has been full reset, and its icon in Google Home will once again show that its on-line.