In this series of video’s we take a look at how you perform the basic setup and configuration of a Synology, Network Attached Storage (NAS) device. The aim of this series of videos is to try and offer a reference point to assist you in the setup of your own NAS.
For this video, we start by giving you a few suggestion’s for the types of network shares that you would typically create within a home network. We then take a look at the process for creating folder shares on a Synology NAS.
Quick reference notes:
- Log into Disk Station Manager using your Administrators credentials
- From the desktop of DSM select Control Panel – Shared Folders
- In the Shared Folders panel select Create to open the Share Folder Wizard
- The wizard will help you with the setup of a network share
Note: Once you have created your network shares, you will have to assign your shared folders with access permissions in order to allow your users to access your shares. We will be looking at how you set user permissions to network shares in the next video.
- Synology Knowledge Centre – Create a Shared Folder