In this video, we take a look at how you perform a factory reset on a Sony Playstation 5 DualSense controller. While the process demonstrated in this video will remove the Bluetooth pairing and reset the sensors in the controller. It will not fix physical hardware problems such as controller drift or loose triggers.
Quick reference notes:
- From the PS5 Home Screen
- Locate and select Settings – System – Accessories – General – Bluetooth Accessories
- Select your DualSense controller from the list under the heading Registered Accessories
- From the menu choose Delete
- When prompted to forget the device select OK
- Switch off your PS5
Note: As your DualSense controller will no longer be connected to your PS5, you will have to switch off your console by pressing and holding down the power button for roughly 6 seconds or until your PS5 beeps for a second time.
- On the rear of your DualSense controller you will find a reset switch
- Using some sort of reset tool (ie a paperclip or pen)
- Press and hold the reset switch for 3 to 5 seconds using your reset tool
- Sony PlayStation 5 User Manuals
- Sony PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller reset