In this video we take a look at how you can remotely de-register and Factory reset any Amazon Echo device by using the Alexa app. Typically you would perform this action if you intend to decommission, sell or give away your Nest Audio.
Notes: In order to remotely deregister an Amazon Echo device, the device needs to be connected to the internet. Also please be aware that, if you do perform a Factory Reset on an Echo device, you will be removing any settings, applications and data that may have been stored on that device.
Quick reference notes:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app.
- Locate and Select Devices.
- Within Devices choose the Echo & Alexa icon
- Select the Amazon Echo that you wish to factory reset from the list. This will open Device Settings.
- From within Device Settings scroll to the bottom of the list.
- Locate Registered To.
- Choose Deregistered
Notes: If you factory reset your Amazon Echo device when it is not connected to the internet. The device will de-register itself from your Amazon account, but it will not factory reset the Amazon Echo. So before someone else can registered that Amazon Echo to their Amazon account. They will need to perform a factory reset on the physical hardware that you have given them.
Amazon Support Article – Alexa Device Support