In this video we demonstrate one method you can use to quickly locate the IP address that your Chromebook is using. This can be very useful if you have to troubleshoot problems on your network or if you want to enable traffic control on your Wireless router.
Note: An IP address is a series of unique characters that identify each computer on a network and allow them to communicate with each over.
Quick reference notes:
- Open Settings in the System Tray
- Now from the Command Center select the WiFi icon
- A list of wireless access points that the computer can see will be displayed.
- Select the access point that you are currently connected to.
- The Settings window will display the IP address being used by the computer.
- Wikipedia – IP address
- Google support article – Connect your Chromebook to Wi-Fi