In this video we take a look at how you factory reset and then deregister a pair of 2nd Gen (2019) Apple AirPods. You would typically perform such an action, if you intend to lend, sell or give away your Apple AirPods.
However, performing a factory reset may also fix issues with charging the earphones, or correct problems with the sensors that are built into the device.
Quick reference notes:
- Open the lid of your AirPods.
- Now locate the status light on the case of your AirPods.
- Press and hold down the Setup button on the case of around 15 seconds or until the Status light starts to flash amber.
- When you release your finger the AirPods will be reset.
Notes: When you perform a factory resetting on your AirPods, your AirPods are not de-registered from your iCloud account or from the device that they were previously paired with.
- Open Settings on the device that you had your AirPods connected to
- From within Settings select Bluetooth
- Under My Devices locate your AirPods
- Select the information icon next to AirPods
- Choose Forget this Device
- You will be prompted to confirm that you wish to forget your AirPods
- When you choose Forget Device, you are asked to confirm that you wish to remove your AirPods from your iCloud account
- Once again select Forget Device
- Apple Support Article – Reset your AirPods