In this video we take a look at how you de-register and Factory Reset an Nvidia Shield TV. You would perform this action if you intend to decommission, sell or give away your Shield TV.
Notes: In order to correctly deregister a Nvidia Shield TV, the device needs to be connected to the internet. Also that by Factory Resetting your Nvidia Shield TV, you will be removing any settings, applications and data that has been stored on the Shield TV.
Quick reference notes:
- From the Home Screen select your Profile icon
- Now choose Settings – Device Preferences – Reset
- You are now prompted that “Reset. Erases all data on the built in storage. USB storage devices will not be erased”.
- Select Reset
- When prompted for a second time choose Erase Everything
Notes: Performing a Factory Reset on an Nvidia Shield TV will take roughly 2 to 3 minutes to complete. While the Shield TV is being reset do not remove the power from the device. The factory reset will be completed when the Shield TV displays a screen asking you to “Hold for pairing”.
- Nvidia Shield TV User Guide
- Nvidia Shield TV Pro User Guide