In this video we are going to demonstrate how you can perform a factory reset on an Eve Room Indoor Air Quality Monitor. Typically you would perform this action, if you wish to sell, give away or decommission this device.
Notes: In order to perform a reset, you will need some sort of reset tool. While in our demonstration on how to reset the Eve Room monitor we used a pin. A bent paperclip should also work well.
Quick reference notes:
- At the same time, press and hold down the two control buttons on the front of the Eve Room Monitor
- Wait until the monitor displays a reset icon before releasing your fingers
- Locate the reset button on the back of the Eve Room Monitor
- Using a reset tool, press the recessed reset switch
- You will see that the Eve Room Monitor flashes twice
- While the Temperature and humidity sensors will instantly display results, you should find that the monitor will no longer display an air quality sensor report.
- The Eve Room monitor has now been factory reset
- You now need to check either the Apple Home, or Eve app to remove any remnants of the sensor from within the app.