In this video we take a look at how you de-register and Factory Reset an Amazon Echo Flex. As factory resetting your Echo Flex will remove any settings, application and data stored on the device. Typically you would perform this action if you intend to sell, give away or decommission your Echo Flex.
Note: Please note that in order to correctly deregister an Echo Flex, the device needs to be connected to the internet. If you only need to change WiFi networks, rather than performing a factory reset, you might want to try using setup mode.
Quick reference notes:
- To factory reset an Amazon Echo Flex you first need to mute the device by pressing the Mute button
- Now hold down the Action button for roughly 20 seconds or until you hear the following message;
"Now in setup mode. Please follow the instructions in your Alexa app."
- Keep you finger pressed on the Action button until you hear the next message:
"Resetting your device, this will take about a minute Ill let you know when its is done"
- You can remove your finger from the Action button, but you must wait until the reset process has completed.
Notes: Performing a Factory Reset on an Amazon Echo will take roughly 2 minutes to complete. However while the Echo is being reset, do not remove the power from the device. The factory reset will be completed when the Amazon Echo informs you that it is ready to be setup.
- When we hear the following message:
"Hello, you device is ready for setup. Just download the Alexa app and follow the instructions"
- It is now safe to remove the Echo Flex from its plug socket or reconfigure it using the Alexa app.