In this video we take a look at how you factory reset a Synology RT2600ac wireless router from within the Synology Router Manager (SRM).
Please note that after performing a factory reset. The router will delete all settings and apps, to return the router to the same state it was when it left the factory. After performing a factory reset you will need to reconfigure your router in order to restore an internet connection and WiFI.
Notes: The version of SRM seen in this video is Version: 1.2.2-7915. Please note that subsequent versions of the SRM, may change the user interface or location of the Factory reset function.
Quick reference notes:
- Log into SRM with administrators privileges
- From the SRM desktop select Control Panel
- Using the sidebar in Control Panel, select System
- Under Configuration Backup and Restore chose Restore factory default settings
- You will now be prompted to confirm that you wish to factory reset the RT2600ac
- When you select Erase All Data your RT2600 will be return to its factory defaults
Notes: After factory resetting the RT2600ac, the SSID will also reset. If you need to reconnect to the RT2600ac via a WiFi. The name of the routers wireless access point will start with “Synology_[part of its serial number]”. If prompted for a password when connecting to the SSID, you will need to enter the word “synology“.
To reconnect to the SRM if you type either 192.168.1.1:8080 or http://synology.router.com you will be shown the setup wizard.
- Synology Support – Whats the difference between Soft Reset and Hard Reset
- Synology RT2600ac hardware install guide – PDF – RT2600ac hardware installation guide