As Safe Mode on a PlayStation 5 will only load its most basic functions. We can use Safe Mode to troubleshoot and fix certain issues that a PS5 console might experience. So in this video we demonstrate how you access Safe Mode, and then provide a summary of the seven options it contains.
Notes: As you will need to connect your controller to your PS5 via a USB type C cable. Please note that not all USB type C cables are equal. So while some are able to transfer data and charge, other cables will only be able to charge a device. As its very difficult to tell if a USB type C cable can charge and transfer data, we recommend that once you find a cable that works with your PS5 and your controller, you always use that cable.
Quick reference notes:
- Power down your PlayStation 5 console
- Now press and hold down the Power button on your PS5 for 6 seconds
Notes: Your PS5 will take some time to power down. While your console powers down, the indicator light on your PS5 will pulse. You will know that your console has powered down when its status light goes out.
- Once your PS5 has powered down, connect your controller to your PS5 using a USB type C cable.
- Press the PS button to pair the controller to your console.
- The seven option of Safe Mode will now be displayed.
- Sony support – Safe Mode on PS5 and PS4 consoles