As Windows 10 can easily be customised, in this video we demonstrate how you add a Network icon to your desktop to make browsing network shares easier.
Note: For anyone connecting a Microsoft Windows 10 computer to their Synology NAS. You might find it useful, to customise your Start menu to include a network icon that links you to all of your networked devices in File Explorer.
Quick reference notes:
- From the Windows Desktop select – Start
- Now place the mouse pointer over, for example the Documents icon
- Right click the mouse and from the quick menu choose Personalise this list
- The “Choose which folders appear on Start” panel will open
- From the list of options toggle Network to On
- Close the “Choose which folders appear on Start” panel
- Wikipedia article – Start Menu
- Microsoft article – Customise the Start Menu and taskbar layout on Windows 10 and later devices