In this video we take a look at an alternative way to de-register and factory reset an Amazon Echo Show 5. So in this example, we use the Amazon Alexa App to perform a factory reset.
The reset process will first disassociate our Echo Show from our Amazon account. It will then via the internet, send a command to perform a factory reset on our Echo Show.
The reset sequence shown in this video. Is the same procedure used if you wish to de-register and factory reset any Amazon Echo device. This includes both the Echo Show or an Echo Spot.
Quick reference notes:
Notes: In order to both de-register and factory reset your Amazon Echo Show 5. You need to make sure that your Echo Show is connected to the internet. This is so that the Alexa App can automatically factory reset the Echo Show via the internet.
- Open the Alexa App
- Select Devices
- Within Devices select the Echo and Alexa icon
- From the list in Devices select the Amazon Echo you wish to de-register and return to factory defaults
- Scroll down through the Device Settings and select Factory Reset
- A pop up window will appear. You will need to select Factory Reset for a second time to confirm that you wish to perform a Factory reset
Notes: Do not remove the power from the Echo Show while the device is in the process of factory resetting itself. A factory reset will take roughly 5 Minutes to complete. Once a factory reset has been completed you will be show the default setup screen that is used to help you get the device setup and on line
- You can now remove the power from your Echo Show 5
Amazon Echo Show 5 Support page – Link