In this video we take a look at how you de-register and factory reset an Amazon Echo Flex from within the Alexa app.
Note: that in order to correctly deregister an Echo Flex, the device needs to be connected to the internet. It is also worth noting that by factory resetting your Echo Flex, you will be removing any settings, applications and data that has been stored on the device.
Quick reference notes:
Notes: In order to both de-register and factory reset your Amazon Echo Show 5. You need to make sure that your Echo Show is connected to the internet. This is so that the Alexa App can automatically factory reset the Echo Show via the internet.
- Open the Alexa App.
- Select Devices.
- Within Devices select the Echo and Alexa icon.
- From the list in Devices select the Amazon Echo Flex that you wish to de-register and return to factory defaults.
- Scroll down through the Device Settings and select Factory Reset.
- A pop up window will appear. You will need to select Factory Reset for a second time to confirm that you wish to perform a Factory reset.
Notes: Do not remove the power from the Echo Flex while the device is in the process of factory resetting itself. A factory reset will take roughly 1 Minutes to complete. Once a factory reset has been completed you will be show the default setup screen that is used to help you get the device setup and on line
- You can now remove the power from your Echo Flex.
- Amazon Support Article – Reset your Echo Flex