In order to startup faster from standby mode, a PlayStation 5 will use cached files. However, overtime these cached files can become corrupt or out of date, which could lead to your console not performing as expected. So in this video, we take a look at how you clear the cache on a Sony PlayStation 5.
Note: Many video game developers recommend clearing the cache on your games console to fix connectivity issues, game freezes, slow or unsuccessful game loads.
Quick reference notes:
- Fully power down your PlayStation 5.
- Wait until the indicator lights on the PS5 go out.
- Remove the PS5’s power cord from your mains supply.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of your PlayStation 5.
- Wait one to two minutes (we waited 1 minute in our video)
- Plug the power cord back into your PS5
- Connect the power cord to your mains supply
- Turn on your PlayStation 5
Note: As long as you follow the above advice you will not do any damage to your games console, its games or your account data. However, you should never just remove the mains power from your console while your PS5 is switched on.
- Activision support – Clearing Cache and Deleting Files on PlayStation, Xbox or PC
- EA support – Clear cached to fix problems with your games