In this video we take a look at how you can change the name that was automatically assigned to your iPhone or iPad. Typically, you would change the name of your iPad or iPhone to protect your privacy.
This is because the device name used by your iOS device will be broadcast over any network you are connected to. It is also broadcast if you have enabled a Personal Hotspot or use AirDrop.
Quick reference notes:
- From the Home Screen locate and choose Settings
- Within Settings select General
- Tap the area where the name of your device is being shown
- Type a different name for your device
- Select Done
- Apple Support – Change the name of your iOS device using your computer