In this video we take a look at how you access the Advanced settings on a Sky Q Hub router. By default your Sky Q Hub router will have been configured by the service engineer who installed broadband into your home. However the settings that the engineer will have used, will more than likely just be the routers defaults settings. So in order to fine tune your WiFi or your home network, you will need to access the advanced settings.
Quick reference notes:
- From your computer open a web browser
- In the address bar type: 192.168.0.1
- When you press Enter on your keyboard, a Summary Status page will load.
- In the menu if you select Advanced you will be prompted for a user name and password.
- The default user name is: admin
- The default password is: sky
- When you select Log in you will gain access to your routers advanced settings.
Note: If someone has change the default user name and password on your router, you can try factory resetting your router. While this will reset all settings, it will also return the username and password back to its defaults. To perform a factory reset:
- Locate and hold down the reset button on the back of your router until the power light flashes green.
- You can now release the reset button.
- Wait until the power light goes green.
- Do not unplug or switch off your hub while you perform a reset.