Microsoft introduced a peer-to-peer feature for Windows 10 and Windows Store updates. By default Windows will now automatically use your computers Internet connection to upload updates to other computers. This could be either computers connected to your local network or computers on the internet.
If you have a broadband connection with a data cap ( i.e. limiting how much you can download and upload from the internet ) you will not want to have this feature enabled.
To disable peer-to-peer updates do the following:
- Open Settings > Update & Security
- Select Advanced options from the bottom of the ‘Windows Update’ pane
- At the bottom of Advanced option select “Choose how updates are delivered“
- Within “Choose how updates are delivered” make sure the toggle is set to Off
- The option PC’s on my local network will be enabled but greyed out.