In this video we take a look at how you de-register and Factory Reset an Amazon Fire TV Cube. You would perform this action if you intend to decommission, sell or give away your Amazon Fire TV Cube.
Notes: In order to correctly deregister a Fire TV Cube, the device needs to be connected to the internet. Also that by Factory Resetting your Fire TV Cube, you will be removing any settings, applications and data that has been stored on the Fire TV Cube.
Quick reference notes:
- From the Home Screen select Settings
- Within Settings choose My Fire TV
- From the My Fire TV menu select Reset to Factory Defaults
- Confirm that you wish to perform a Factory Reset by selecting Reset
Notes: Performing a Factory Reset on an Amazon Fire TV Cube will take roughly 2 minutes to complete. While the Fire TV is being reset do not remove the power from the device. The factory reset will be completed when the Fire TV Cube displays a screen that says its “Searching for your remote“.
- How to factory reset an Fire TV device using the handset
- How to restart an Fire TV device